This is the second pump which I have come across in as many weeks. They are quite unusual to come across these days, but in their day they would have be the main supply of water for villages across the country. This one I thought was unusually nice as it has retained what appears to be a stone drinking vessel. Many years ago there was a stage coach inn at Johnstown on the main road to Cork and the West of Ireland, so this was most likely used to water the horses. Unfortunatly it no longer appears to work but has been kept in great condition.
Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 270,266 hits