So today I finally got out to do some portrait shots with my Camera Club. The weather has been damn awful so far this year, so when the club announced it was running a portrait workshop, I jumped at the chance. As you will know, I am not exactly accustomed to shooting people, with the exception of my kids and the odd event, so this took me a little out of my comfort zone, which aint exactly a bad thing. I think its good to shake things up every now and then. So we started the day down at the Curragh Army Camp in Kildare were we went through the theory side of shooting portraits. Then after lunch we moved across to the Japanese Gardens and National Stud were I have shot before. Here we met with our models for the day, before breaking up into groups and heading out to shoot at various locations. First up was the lovely Shirley, whom we shot in the stunning grounds of the Japanese gardens. It was bloody cold out and the lighting was dreadful to work with, but the rain held off and I think I got a few decent shots. Here are a few samples from the shoot with Shirley. You can check out the entire set over on my Facebook Page or on Flickr.
Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- Irish and Udmurts Share "Redheadedness"
- The Werewolves of Ossory
- Canal Bank Walk - Monasterevin Venice of Ireland Festival
- St. Ita's Well
- Monasterevin Historical Society Exhibition
- St. Kevin's Cross - Glendalough
- Duckett's Grove
- The Wizard of Kilkea Castle
- Massey's Estate
- Trinity Church - Glendalough
- 282,278 hits
No Instagram images were found.