This week I decided to revisit some portrait work that I did as part of a workshop with my local Camera Club. We had spent the day down at the Curragh Camp followed by some practical work over on the stunning grounds of the National Stud Farm and Japanese Gardens in Kildare, where we got the chance to shoot a number of models in different settings. I have used some of these images from the day as part of the weekly Monochrome Madness Challenge, but for some strange reason unbeknown to me, I never used any of these shots for a Re-work. So here it goes, first up on the day was the exotic Shirley with her period Asian dress. Obviously the only place to shoot was in the Japanese Gardens. You can check out the original set of images from this shoot by clicking HERE. With this image I started with a tighter crop, followed by the mono conversion in Silver Effex. When painting back in some colour to the image I was torn between whether or no to colour in the bridge as well, as it had a gorgeous hi gloss finish. In the end, sometimes less can be more so i left the image as is. I hope you all like it? As always your comments/suggestions/critique are most welcome.
Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- Irish and Udmurts Share "Redheadedness"
- Dearg-Due..... An Irish Vampire
- In search of the Werewolf.
- Monasterevin Historical Society Exhibition
- Maigh Reichead Castle
- An Dullahan - The Real Headless Horseman
- Carbury Castle
- Historical scirmish in Monasterevin
- Ballyboggan Abbey - Monochrome Madness Challenge
- 216,969 hits