Holy crap, I cant believe that this is my 39th week of doing these re-works! Thats like 39 images that would not have existed if I had not taken on this endeavour at the start of the year. Some have been simply adjustments or converted to black & white, then others have inspired me to get creative and turn the shot into something completely different. This image was a shot that did not make the final cut for my recent trip with the family to Dublin Zoo. It wasn’t because I didn’t like it, I actually wanted to do something different with it, and it would not have fitted in with the images of the day on that particular post. For this shot I cropped both sides of the image, which I felt distracted from the subject. As you will probably know I am a huge lover of Gorilla’s, in particular the Silver Back Apes. This sculpture really caught my eye, with its life like appearance. I converted the image in Silver Effex Pro and added a little vignette to finish up the image. I don’t know about you but I really like this shot! What do you think? As always your comments, observations and critique are always welcomed. 🙂
Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- Irish and Udmurts Share "Redheadedness"
- Dearg-Due..... An Irish Vampire
- In search of the Werewolf.
- Monasterevin Historical Society Exhibition
- Maigh Reichead Castle
- An Dullahan - The Real Headless Horseman
- Carbury Castle
- Historical scirmish in Monasterevin
- Ballyboggan Abbey - Monochrome Madness Challenge
- 216,969 hits