OMG, It was only when I was thinking about this post that I realized there are only several weeks left till the dreaded big C! I cant believe how fast this year has gone by. For this weeks instalment I picked an image from 2012. The Hell Fire club is a a place that I have many fond memories of as a child. I cant remember how many summers we would spend hiking up the Dublin mountains to spend the day exploring this creepy old building. If your interested in finding out more about the history of this old place, then check out the following link, HERE. I’m particulary happy with how this image turned out. You can see from the original image, that the sky was completely blown out. Thankfully I had shot it in RAW at the time, even though I had no idea what to do with a raw file. Thankfully I have learnt a few things since then and after some hard work in ACR, and some heavy burn & dodging in Photoshop, I was able to bring back the detail in the sky. Then I imported the image into Silver Effex to give it a nice B&W conversion, with a good boost to the ‘structure’ to give that effect I like. So thats my shot for this weeks, as always your thoughts, comments and critique are most welcome. With only seven weeks left this year, here is a challenge for YOU. Pick any image from this blog, my website, Facebook page or Flickr Account. Send me the link to the image and lets see what I can do with it. And just to add a little sweetner to the challenge, at the end of the year,anyone who picked an image will be entered into a draw. I will pick out a name from a hat, and that person will recieve their favourite image on a large format print. You can send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org and best of luck 🙂
Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- Tobar Tlachtga (the Druid’s Well)
- Dumb Supper, A Samhain Tradition.
- Taimhleach - A Return Home
- Dearg-Due..... An Irish Vampire
- Bronze Age Burial Mound
- Donnelly's Hollow
- The Wizard Earl
- Darrynane Beg Ogham Stone
- Women of the Sidhe - Banshee
- Civil War Re-enactment - Monasterevin Venice of Ireland Festival
- 286,563 hits
No Instagram images were found.