A brief moment captured on another manic Sunday in the Ruinhunters castle. Don’t ask how but my wife’s friend managed to acquire this little gem, the actual shield used by Ragnar Lodbrok aka Travis Grinnell, from season 3 of the Vikings. Looks great doesn’t it?
Well she was kind enough to drop over with it for me to play with for a while. Sadly I was not able to find a suitable Viking axe or sword to complete the ensamble. Oh the memories, as many regular readers will know, in a previous life I was a medieval reenactor which I thouroghly enjoyed for a number of years, cut and bruises included.
I must say, although the shield is a mere tv prop and would never stand up to some full contact blows, it has been made to perfection complete with Bose and a shoulder strap. If only I had my own. Sadly it will be going back to its rightfull owner shortly, so my eldest son Ryan did the honours with a few snaps.
Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 210,226 hits