Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- Irish and Udmurts Share "Redheadedness"
- Castles from Tallaght's Past
- St. Finians Church
- Dumb Supper, A Samhain Tradition.
- Coill Ghabhainn Standing Stone
- Dark Moon Samhain
- Monasteroris Medieval Church & Graveyard
- Tales from Ossory - Witches and Werewolves
- Ballynafagh Church & Graveyard
- The Money Tree
- 285,654 hits
No Instagram images were found.
Category Archives: Standing Stone
A short distance up the road from the Standing stone at Craddockstown we find what is possibly the tallest Standing stone in the country. It is definitely the tallest I have come across to date. I first spotted it driving … Continue reading
Kildare is probably best known for its horse breeding and flat open plains, unfortunately we don’t have an abundance of ancient Neolithic monuments, there are no great Stone Circles or Burial Tombs so to speak. But what we do have … Continue reading
The Coill Ghabhainn or Kilgowan Standing Stone which takes its name from the locality in which it resides, is one of several such Long stones that can be found scattered about the Kildare landscape. I first came across this one … Continue reading
Just up the steps from St. Patricks Church, on a grassy mound there is a rather unusual site. A pair of Standing Stones, right in the middle of the graveyard. Apart from the Lia Fáil which I shall get to … Continue reading
Some of you might remember this from a post I did for the Monochrome Madness Challenge a couple of weeks ago. I was really excited about this stone as it was the first Ogham stone that I have encountered in … Continue reading