Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 282,263 hits
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: 15th Century
I haverecently begun to focus my Ruin hunting in the Meath area, just for a change. One of my first ports of call was to the medieval church ruin which sits atop Skryne Hill. Skryne or Skreen as it is … Continue reading
As previously mention in my post on Goat Castle, from the seven Castles or Tower houses that once stood in the Dalkey area only two remain. Directly across the street from Goat Castle, which also houses the Dalkey Heritage center, … Continue reading
Dalkey or Goat Castle is a 15th century fortified Townhouse which took its name from the Cheever’s (Chevre) family whom lived there in the 16th century. The Cheever surname is derived from the Anglo Norman-French word chievre or chevre, meaning … Continue reading