Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- Irish and Udmurts Share "Redheadedness"
- Dumb Supper, A Samhain Tradition.
- Bronze Age Burial Mound
- Mullaghmast Standing Stone
- Church Ruins of St. Columba
- An Dullahan - The Real Headless Horseman
- Saturday Morning Football
- Gortnaclea Castle……. Monochrome Madness Challenge
- A tale of the 'Deer Stone' - Glendalough
- Tobar Tlachtga (the Druid’s Well)
- 286,501 hits
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: battle
Ok so according to the Christian calendar today is Good Friday. Good Friday is one of those religious holidays observed primarily by Christians to commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary in 33AD. Now I know … Continue reading
This was one of those images that you see in your head before it actually happens. An old General, Warrior, Hero, surveying the bloodshed after the battle. A field full of broken, shattered corpses, the wounded dying, and for what? … Continue reading
Yet another stronghold built by the De Bermingham’s can be found in the area of Kinnefad or in Gaelic as Ceann – Átha Fada which translates to ‘head of the ford’. There were many De Bermingham castles and a couple … Continue reading
This is one of the most impressive Round Towers I have encountered to date, similar to the one at St. Brigids Cathedral in Kildare which you can read more about HERE with the exception that this one has its original … Continue reading