Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 273,802 hits
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Battlements
Moving on just a short stroll from the ruins of the Franciscan Friary Lies an old church known as Clane Abbey. Initially both of these sites caused me some confusion, but a little research cleared this up. The Abbey’s connection … Continue reading
Moving on to the last of my visits to the many De Bermingham strongholds which are scattered along the Kildare/Offaly border. There are a number of castles and a monastery still in existence in the Kildare and Offaly area, some … Continue reading
Another Castle that I found near Dalkey was Bullock Castle. It is believed to date from the twelfth century, in and around 1150AD. Apparently it was built by the Cistercian monks of St. Mary’s Abbey in Dublin, in order to … Continue reading