Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 294,543 hits
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: BoyneValley
The first noticeable structure within the Ráith Na Rig or Fort of the Kings is a Neolithic passage tomb known as ‘The Mound of the Hostages’, or to give it its correct Gaelic name ‘Dumha Na nGiall’. This is most … Continue reading
The Fort of the Kings or the Royal Enclosure as it is also known was my next stopping point at Tara. To give it its correct title, Ráith Na Ríogh is nothing spectacular on its own. After all to the … Continue reading
Moving away from the churchyard at Tara, as you pass through the swinging gate, the first monument that you will encounter is a rather bumpy looking piece of waste ground known as ‘Ráth Na Seanadh’ or the Ráth of the … Continue reading