Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 302,420 hits
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Cholmcille
An encounter at Skryne
I haverecently begun to focus my Ruin hunting in the Meath area, just for a change. One of my first ports of call was to the medieval church ruin which sits atop Skryne Hill. Skryne or Skreen as it is … Continue reading
Posted in Diary of a Ruinhunter, Historical, Medieval, People, Photography, Places of Interest, Religious Sites, Ruins Tagged 1171AD, 1341AD, 15th Century, Augustinian, Baron, Cholmcille, Dublin, Earl of Pembroke, Ed Mooney Photography, Gaelic, Graveyard Iona, Guinness, Henry II, High Kings of Ireland, hill, Hill of Tara, Hugh De Lacy, Invasion, Ireland, John De Courcey, Kells Acail, Knights, Leinster, Lord of Meath, Meath, monastery, Monastic Settlement, Norman, photographer, Photography, relics, Richard de Clare, Ruinhunter, Scrin, Shrine, Skreen, Skryne, Skryne Castle, St. Columba, St. Lawrence, Strongbow, Ulster 57 Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment.