Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 283,782 hits
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Cistercian
I have to admit, the large medieval Abbey ruins of Bective are probably the nicest I have had the chance to explore to date, with the exception of the Baltinglass Abbey in Wicklow, but Baltinglass has been a personal favourite … Continue reading
Another Castle that I found near Dalkey was Bullock Castle. It is believed to date from the twelfth century, in and around 1150AD. Apparently it was built by the Cistercian monks of St. Mary’s Abbey in Dublin, in order to … Continue reading
I came across this little ruined church on the way out to Howth recently. It is situated on a raised piece of land right on the coast road with some great views of the surrounding area. In early Christian times … Continue reading