Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 300,872 hits
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Cross Slabs
Clonenagh Cross Slabs
Following on from the Money Tree at Clonenagh, I took a wander into the adjacent Graveyard in search of some early Christian grave slabs. I was not expecting much, but to my surprise they were easily found. Resting against the … Continue reading
Posted in Diary of a Ruinhunter, Photography, Religious Sites Tagged Clonenagh, Cross Slabs, Graveyard, Ireland, Laois, Medieval, Nikon, photographer, Photography, Travel 14 Comments
Castledermot Cross Slabs & Holed Stones
The final stones of interest to be found at St. James churchyard are a number of Cross slabs and two Holed Stones. Whilst the origin, date and purpose of these stones are not really understood, chances are they were some … Continue reading
Posted in Historical, Photography, Places of Interest Tagged Castledermot, Cross Slabs, Holed Stones, Kildare, ruins 4 Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment.