Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 282,560 hits
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Dalkey
Another Castle that I found near Dalkey was Bullock Castle. It is believed to date from the twelfth century, in and around 1150AD. Apparently it was built by the Cistercian monks of St. Mary’s Abbey in Dublin, in order to … Continue reading
As previously mention in my post on Goat Castle, from the seven Castles or Tower houses that once stood in the Dalkey area only two remain. Directly across the street from Goat Castle, which also houses the Dalkey Heritage center, … Continue reading
The ivy covered ruins of Saint Begnet’s Church stand beside Goat Castle on Dalkey’s main street, and are surrounded by a small graveyard. This granite church, named after the seventh century, Saint Begnet, dates back to the Early Christian period. … Continue reading