Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 302,420 hits
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Kilgobbin
Kilgobbin High Cross
Right beside the mound on which Kilgobbin church sits there is a very nice but weathered and damaged Celtic High Cross. As mentioned in my previous post about the church ruins at Kilgobbin in the early 1800s a three-armed Celtic … Continue reading
Moving on to yet another interesting church ruin. Just outside Stepaside village in Co. Dublin lies the church of Kilgobbin. These ruins only date back to 1707AD, but was built of the site of an earlier wooden church, probably from … Continue reading
Posted in Diary of a Ruinhunter, Historical, Medieval, Photography, Places of Interest, Ruins Tagged 1014, 1707AD, Battle of Clontarf, Brian Boru, church, Dublin, Ed Mooney Photography, high cross, Kilgobbin, Lintel, Mound Graveyard, Pre-Norman, Rathdown Slab, Ruin Hunter, St. Gobban, Stepaside, Viking 36 Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment.