Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 296,445 hits
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Kinnefad Castle
Moving on to the last of my visits to the many De Bermingham strongholds which are scattered along the Kildare/Offaly border. There are a number of castles and a monastery still in existence in the Kildare and Offaly area, some … Continue reading
The Medieval church and graveyard of Monasteroris can be found just outside Edenderry in County Offally. This area was under the control of John De Bermingham, the Earl of Louth whom had a fortification just behind the walls of the … Continue reading
Yet another stronghold built by the De Bermingham’s can be found in the area of Kinnefad or in Gaelic as Ceann – Átha Fada which translates to ‘head of the ford’. There were many De Bermingham castles and a couple … Continue reading