Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 302,303 hits
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Oratory
To wrap up my recent trip to Ardmore in Waterford, we take a look at the last remaining site within the monastic enclosure, the Cathedral. Ardmore was historically the site of an early church founded by St. Declan in the … Continue reading
Posted in Diary of a Ruinhunter, Photography, Religious Sites Tagged Ardmore, Cathedral, History, Ireland, Nikon, Ogham Stone, Oratory, photographer, Photography, round Tower, Ruin, Ruinhunter, St. Declan, Travel, Waterford 40 Comments
Oratory of St Declan, Ardmore
Today we are heading back down to the monastic settlement in Ardmore, Co. Waterford, where I came across two Ogham Stones recently. St. Declan founded a monastery at Ardmore or Aird Mhór in Gaelic, meaning “Great Height”. This was said … Continue reading
Posted in Diary of a Ruinhunter, Photography, Religious Sites Tagged Ardmore, History, Ireland, monastery, Nikon, Oratory, photographer, Photography, St. Declan, Travel, Waterford 24 Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment.