This weeks rework comes from St. Josephs graveyard on Chapel Hill in Baltinglass. It dates back to the Penal times in Ireland, so its not that old, but it sure has an interesting history, which you can read more about by clicking HERE. Its located not far from another religious site and one of my personal favorites, Baltinglass Abbey. I was not happy with the sky in this image and so spent some time adjusting and replacing it. As you can see from the original image, this involved a fair amount of work and the old tree behind the wall had to be removed. I don’t normally spend that much time editing an image, but I was extremely happy with the end result. As always your comments, observations and critique are always welcomed. 🙂
Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- Irish and Udmurts Share "Redheadedness"
- Dearg-Due..... An Irish Vampire
- In search of the Werewolf.
- Monasterevin Historical Society Exhibition
- Maigh Reichead Castle
- An Dullahan - The Real Headless Horseman
- Carbury Castle
- Historical scirmish in Monasterevin
- Ballyboggan Abbey - Monochrome Madness Challenge
- 216,969 hits