This weeks image for the Monochrome Madness Challenge has been collecting dust on my hard drive for almost a year now, and I didn’t know quite what to do with it. Taken on the grounds of the church in Clonaslee, Co. Laois, I had went gone there looking to find something a hell of a lot older, and was quite disappointed to find only a relatively modern church. The only saving grace for this disappointment was an old Church Bell and two Celtic styled crosses. This is the cross head of one of them. With no major antiquity value they sat until this week when I decided to play around with a few images. I had wanted to do an Infra red style edit but the sky just didn’t suit, so I went with a tight crop around the Cross head. Still not happy with the sky in the shot, I removed it completely and added the dark vignette for effect. Hope you like it.So that’s my MMC shot for this week, the rest of this weeks MMC images will go live some time later today on Leanne Cole’s Blog, depending on your time zone. Each week there are contributions from from photographers around the globe. So whether you are looking for inspiration or have a thing for black & white photography, you know were to find it. 🙂
Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- Dearg-Due..... An Irish Vampire
- Dumb Supper, A Samhain Tradition.
- Irish and Udmurts Share "Redheadedness"
- An Dullahan - The Real Headless Horseman
- The Legend of Jack O’ Lantern
- The House of Tua
- Carlow Castle
- GreyFriars, The French Church
- Monasteroris Medieval Church & Graveyard
- The Werewolves of Ossory
- 206,006 hits