Just 5 minutes up the road from the chapel ruins at Nurney, on the junction of the R415 & R418, I noticed this quite little graveyard with another ruin of an old church. Again very little records of this site can be found, yet it is quite unusual in my experience to find two such ruins (Nurney & Fontstown) within such close proximity to each other. After walking around the remains of the small chapel although larger in size to Nurney, it stuck me that alot of the graves here appeared to be visited regularly and where kept in good condition, which would not be a regular occurance at many of these old graveyards. Perhaps I might meet someone who can shed further light on the history associated with the area.
Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 202,691 hits