For this weeks re-work we go back to last year and a stunning ruin that I found after two failed attempts to locate. Carbury Castle rests on a hill top in Kildare, near the Offaly border, which goes back in Irish history over several millenia. A stunning place to explore, and spend a few quite hours. The original Castle dates back to a sept of the O’Neill clan, then after the Norman Invasion of Ireland it came into the hands of Meiler Fitzhenry before passing on to the DeBermingham family whom held vast lands and numerous castles along the Kildare/Offaly border. Although in a ruineous state, its still easy enough to have a good look around and explore the lower levels. It is possible to climb certain parts of the walls but caution is advised. You can read more about its history and see the original shots by clicking the link above.
Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 258,829 hits
- Unstoppable 🚭💪🚭👊 #quit #health #smokefree #cigarettes #quitsmoking #smoking #neveragain #willpower #doneSwitched things around tonight, with a good ub lift in followed by a little cardio. Wasnt able to train yesterday. Got a niggle in my LCL, so gave it a rest, only managed 15m cardio before it flaired up again 🤬🤬🤬 Widegrip pulldown 4x12@45kg Single arm row 4x20@50kg Seated row 4x10@100kg Pec deck 4x12@59kg Chest press 4x12@82kg Chest flys high 5x12@36kg " Low 4x10@32kg " Medium 4x12@36kg Rear delts 4x12@27kg Rear cable crossover 4x12@36kg Facepulls 4x12@36kg Bicep curls 4x10@36kg Ez bar curls 4x12@36kg V bar pushdown 4x12@41kg Rope pulldown 4x12@50kg Tricep ext email@example.com Crosatrainer 15m 20/2 #gym #dublin #workout #fitfam #cardio #birthday #nopainnogain #instafit #ireland #fit4less #strong #staymotivated#gym #dublin #workout #fitfam #cardio #birthday #nopainnogain #instafit #ireland #fit4less #strong #staymotivated#elfyourselfFerris Wheel in place for saturday #ferriswheel #thesquare #santaclaus