Photographer, Blogger, Ruinhunter, with an unhealthy obsession for history, mythology and the arcane.
Join me on Social Media
- View EdMooneyPhotography’s profile on Facebook
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Twitter
- View edmooneyphoto’s profile on Instagram
- View edmooneyphotogr’s profile on Pinterest
- View edward-mooney-a9642a37’s profile on LinkedIn
- View UCtAEGwsDZrxtG1twWkMNi1g’s profile on YouTube
- View 103808904877140482375’s profile on Google+
Top Posts & Pages
- 302,351 hits
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Prior
Priory of De Laude Dei
Posted on August 22, 2013 by edmooneyphotography
I came across the Abbey at Ballyboggan purely by chance after taking a wrong turn. I was actually heading along the Kildare/ Offaly border in search of a couple of De Bermingham Castles which I had missed on by last … Continue reading →
Posted in Diary of a Ruinhunter, Historical, Landscape, Medieval, Photography, Places of Interest, Religious Sites, Ruins | Tagged 12th Century, 1538AD, Abbey, Ancient, Annals of Ulster, Arched Window, Augustinian, Ballyboggan, Cemetary, Chancel, church, De Bemingham, De Laude Dei, Diary of a ruinhunter, Ed Mooney Photography, Edward Fitzgerald, Elizabeth I, Gable, Gravestones, Graveyard, Henry VIII, Holy Trinity, Holy Water, Jordan Comin, Kildare Offaly, Kildare Photographer, Leinster, Lord Carbury, Meath, Medieval, Nave, Order, pilgrimage, Plague, Prior, Shrine, Supression of the monasteries, Tomb, Transept, William Bermingham, Wooden Cross | 33 Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment.